William Selwyn was born in Caernarfon in 1933. From 1952-1954 served national service in the Royal Artillery and then entered Bangor Normal College from 1954-1956. He subsequently taught at Maeincla Junior School and at Syr Hugh Owen School until his retirement in 1990.
William Selwyn’s work has been purchased by Gwynedd Council and Anglesey County Council, by the University of Bangor, the Arts Council of Wales, the National Library of Wales, the University of Bath, and is to be found in many private collections at home and abroad.
His art revolves around the landscape of Gwynedd, farm workers and fishermen. He is a member of the Royal Cambrian Academy.
Royal Cambrian Academy; Royal National Eisteddfod of Wales; Royal West of England Academy; Royal Society of British Artists, London; Tegfryn Art Gallery, Menai Bridge; Albany Gallery, Cardiff; Tibb Lane Gallery, Manchester; Oriel Plas Gwyn-y-Weddw; John Davies Gallery, Stow-on-the-Wold; Snowdon Mill Art, Porthmadog; Electric Mountain, Llanberis; Oriel Arfon, Caernarfon; Oriel Fach, Beaumaris; 1998 Prizewinner, Singer & Friedlander, Sunday Times – Watercolour
Gwynedd County Council, Anglesey County Council, University of North Wales, Bangor; Arts Council of Wales; National Library of Wales; Bath University; and many private collections both home and abroad.